Check Out Eagle Ridge this Thanksgiving
Don’t want to cook? Looking for something to do this Thanksgiving Holiday? Why not spend Thanksgiving at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, IL.! My love for Eagle Ridge Resort started this past summer when the boychild and I headed to the resort to have a little family time before he headed back to school. I loved everything about the resort from our own private house to the scenery, it was probably one of the most peaceful and relaxing trips I’ve ever been on. I’ve been dying to go back since it has gotten cold so I could see what else Eagle Ridge has to offer. With the holidays now upon us, now is the perfect time for you and your family to visit Eagle Ridge Resort.
Here’s a list of all the activities they have going on this Thanksgiving.
There’s No Place Like Home
“Celebrate the 75th Anniversary of The Wizard of Oz and the 40th Anniversary of Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa this Thanksgiving! We all know, “There’s No Place Like Home,” but here at Eagle Ridge, we believe we can be your home away from home. Join us for our parade of endless culinary favorites and some that may spark new traditions. Our home is ready, the tables are set, and the turkey is in the oven. Be sure to reserve your spot on our parade route.”
Thanksgiving Day Buffet
Enjoy a delicious, plentiful Thanksgiving buffet in one of Eagle Ridge’s ballrooms that runs from 11 am – 5 pm. Savor traditional favorites like parmesan smashed potatoes with roasted garlic and clementine and salt crusted turkey breast with red eye gravy to more fanciful treats like slipper lobster with ruby grapefruit and avocado and fried bacon jam-wrapped with cotton candy.
Thanksgiving Day Pilgrim Delivery
Don’t feel like cooking, but don’t want to leave the comfort of your rental home? No problem! Let Eagle Ridge do all of the work this year with the Thanksgiving Day Pilgrim Delivery! Just place your order ahead of time and our Eagle Ridge pilgrims will deliver your entire meal between 12 pm and 5 pm.
For reservations please call (815) 776.5066 Monday through Friday or (815) 776.5050 Saturday and Sunday.
Thanksgiving Week Events
Friday, November 28th – Santa’s Arrival and Workshops
- 12 pm (noon) – 1 pm: Build A Bear*
- 3 pm – 6 pm: Santa arrives with his elves. Hot chocolate and sugar cookies served in the courtyard.
- 3 pm: Santa arrives at the Eagle Ridge Inn with Mrs. Claus and his elves
- 3:30 pm: Santa Reads the Night Before Christmas in the courtyard (Weather permitting, otherwise we will move inside to the Galena Lobby)
- 4 pm – 5 pm: Build A Bear*
- 4 pm: Santa walks the children to Santa’s workshop (Galena Rooms)
- 4 pm – 6 pm: Children’s Workshops with cookie decorating workshop*, holiday picture frame workshop*, holiday door handle decorating workshop*, penguin thermometer workshop*
- 4 pm – 6 pm: Movie Room showing classic one hour kids holiday movies, Game Room with holiday bingo and more
- 8 pm: Movies in Tubies in the Inn pool
Saturday, November 29th – Breakfast with Santa
Spend the entire, long Thanksgiving weekend at Eagle Ridge! On Saturday, November 29, Santa stops by the resort! Your children won’t want to miss the opportunity to meet St. Nick before all their friends! From 8:30 am – 10 am, you can have breakfast with Santa in one of our ballrooms.
I want to go back for Christmas, I just know that it’s going to be amazing! To get more information about Thanksgiving at Eagle Ridge Resort go here, you simply must visit before the year is out!