How to Avoid Gaining Weight While Traveling
I won’t tell you guys how many times I’ve went on vacation only to come home and realize I’ve gained 5 extra pounds while I was traveling. How I could kick myself for not enjoying things in moderation! You know what I’m talking about all those cocktails and late night meals! I know, I’m not the only one. Staying active while traveling has never been a challenge for me, because we usually pick destinations that require a lot of walking. When you think about all the calories and cocktails you consumed those calories can really add up. There is nothing worse than gain weight while on vacation, so you really need to be careful.
Here are a few tips to curb those extra vacation pounds.
- Eat Breakfast– This is so important, a good breakfast can give you the extra energy you need to keep the party going.
- Bring Healthy Snacks-That’s right stock up on fruit and vegetables to take with you while you and your girls are out site seeing, this will help you stay on track and reduce unnecessary snacking.
- Drink Plenty of Water-After all there aren’t any calories in water, it’s the best option to help you stay hydrated and feeling full. Plus it will help you flush out all those toxins in your system.
- Take Your Workout Clothes– Try getting up early and hitting the gym in your hotel. This way you can get your metabolism ready for a day full of fun.
- Keep It Moving-That’s right you want to keep your body moving as much as possible. Instead of taking an elevator take the stairs, whatever you need to do to keep the blood flowing.
- Hold Yourself Accountable-For me, I like to wear my Fitbit when I travel because it tells me how many steps I have taken each day. I have a daily goal of 10k, so my Fitbit helps me monitor and keep track of my progress.
Remember it’s the little steps you take that will help you avoid gaining a million pounds while on vacation. There’s nothing worse than being unable to fit your clothes when you come home. While you do want to track and monitor your progress, remember you are on vacation, so it’s ok to let loose and have fun. Just make sure you don’t overdo it.