Top 5 Reasons to Visit Puerto Rico
I’ve been home from Puerto Rico a little over 3 weeks now and boy do I miss it. Reminiscing on our wonderful trip got me to to thinking, everyone needs to visit Puerto Rico at least once. There’s so much to see and do that I feel like another trip is warranted just to go back and see what we’ve missed. Fall weather is now upon us, so if you are looking for a place to go to escape the cold weather, I highly recommend Puerto Rico.
Here are my top 5 reasons why you must visit Puerto Rico:
- Scenery: What more can I say, Puerto Rico is a gorgeous place to visit. If you’ve ever wondered if God was real, just take a trip to Puerto Rico. Between the beautiful weather, the roaring of the ocean and all that Puerto Rico has to offer, you are in for a real treat.
- Food: As you guys know by now, I love to eat! When traveling, it’s important that I check out the food scene and Puerto Rico didn’t disappoint. While there Danyelle and I dined at an assortment of different restaurants from mom and pop restaurants to 4 star restaurants and had an amazing time doing it. Until my trip to Puerto Rico, I had never experienced Puerto Rican food. I don’t know why, I really don’t have a good reason but all of that change when we landed in PR. Just about everything I had was amazing! Stay tuned next week for a post on my favorite places to eat while in Puerto Rico.
- People: Another important aspect when it comes to visiting a new destination are the locals. The people of Puerto Rico make you want to come back, they are friendly and just an overall joy to be around. Being in Puerto Rico felt more like being at home with family then being on a vacation.
- Cocktails: Ok, don’t judge me but I had some of the best cocktails ever in Puerto Rico. I don’t know what it was about the fresh fruit and rum cocktails, but it sure tasted delicious. I mean every since cocktail was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I think I had more cocktails in Puerto Rico than I’ve had at home. I’m a lightweight but I just couldn’t get enough of those cocktails. Oh and the prices weren’t outrageous like when you visit other places.
- Relaxation: Lastly, if you are looking for a place to go to relax and actually vacation, again Puerto Rico is for you. Between waking up to the sounds of the ocean, the people, food and drinks for the first time in a long time I was able to forget about all my troubles. There were some mornings I just laid in the bed and listened to the ocean. I was able to let my hair down and just enjoy the moment. And if you know me, then you know that’s hard for me to do. I can’t think of another time when I was able to come back home from a vacation feeling relaxed and refresh.
So, if you are looking for a vacation destination, I can’t recommend visiting Puerto Rico enough. I promise you won’t regret it