Travel: Tips for Visiting the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Last week, I went out of town to Dallas, I was gone and back before you knew it but not without exploring a few parts of Dallas. One of the great things I got a chance to do was visit the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden. The Arboretum/Garden spans across 66 acres of land and a must see when visiting Dallas. We arrived in Dallas Thursday morning and that night we headed to the Arboretum to listen to music and enjoy the breeze. I was amazed at how many people came out on a Thursday night to listen to music and be amongst family and friends. So here are my tips if you are visiting the Arboretum for the first time
- Bring a chair-this will ensure that you are comfortable and able to enjoy the music but if you don’t have a chair don’t forget to take a blanket.
- Wear comfortable shoes-yes, it’s a huge botanical garden, there is a lot of walking involved so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring dinner-you have the option to purchase food from the food trucks but this is a great time to pack a picnic basket. I saw guests with all types of food ranging from cheese and crackers to different varieties of pasta. If you are on a date or hanging out with your girlfriends this is the perfect time to show your foodie side.
- Bring wine-Yes, you are able to bring wine to the arboretum, I suggest taking full advantage of this option.
- There are different acts and exhibits on different days so be sure to check the schedule ahead of time but there are always events being held every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Lastly, don’t forget to take a moment to take it all in. The beauty of the campground is something to be seen, take time to enjoy God’s beautiful work and just stay in the moment.
This is definitely a must see on my list, so the next time you are in Dallas make sure you stop by the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
Disclosure: Pictures belong to Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.