Travel Tips: Getting the Most Out of Your Hotel Visit
Staying in a hotel is usually a must for me when traveling. I love exploring new hotels but often times I feel like I don’t get the most out of my hotel stay. Most of the time, I’m on the go so it makes it hard to get my full moneys worth. If you are like me and are looking for ways to maximize your dollar try these tips the next time you stay at a hotel.
- Explore, explore, explore: Whenever I travel, it’s important for me to explore the hotel that I’m staying at. Take a quick tour to familiarize your self with your hotel.
- Bring your workout clothes: Hotels usually have some of the best gyms, bring your workout clothes and get up early to enjoy the gym.
- Bring your swimsuit: Check out your hotels pool area, take a few moments to enjoy the hot tub and take in the moment. If they have a sauna get in there as well, this will help you to relax more.
- Check to see if your hotel offers free breakfast/coffee service, after all you paid for it!
- Looking for a new experience? Try one of the restaurants in your hotel. Some of the best food I’ve ever had came from a restaurant I stumbled upon in my hotel.
- When selecting a hotel, make sure to review the list of amenities and take advantage of them. If you need to handle business, use the free business center. Also, most hotels offer discounts to local attraction and shows, inquire to see what discounts they may offer.
- Spa-Take a moment to relax by visiting the spa. We get so wrapped up in travel that we forget to take a few moment for ourselves, why not take an hour or two to get a facial or a relaxing massage.
Lastly, try setting aside some time to just sit in your room and relax. Whether you are catching up on a good book or getting some much needed sleep schedule some quality time in your room. What tips do you have for getting the most out of your hotel room, let us know!