Ways To Incorporate Cocunut Oil into Your Travel Routine
I must admit, now that using coconut oil has become all the rage, I had to see what all the fuss was about. I’ve heard coconut oil is good for everything from cooking to using it on your hair and skin. So, I decided to start incorporating its many uses into my daily routine. While I won’t say I’ve mastered all of its uses, I am loving the results so far. So, I got to thinking how can I incorporate coconut oil into my travel routine. Most coconut oils are sold in glass jars but there are some that also come in plastic containers.
If you plan on traveling with coconut oil, I suggest getting the oil that comes in the plastic container so you don’t have to worry about the glass breaking while in route. Coconut oil solidifies in cool temperatures and melts in warmer temperatures so be careful when transporting coconut oil. I would hate for you to arrive at your destination to find oil all over your wardrobe. Even if the container is brand new, I suggest putting the oil in an air-tight container and placing the oil inside of 2 Ziploc bags.
Now that you’ve arrived at your destination here are a few ways to incorporate coconut oil into your travel routine:
- Hair-If your hair is extremely dry from swimming at the beach or the pool apply coconut oil to your wet hair, let it sit for about 30 minutes under a shampoo cap, rinse out and shampoo as usual. Also, if you notice your hair becoming frizzy apply a dime size amount of oil to your hair, you will notice the difference immediately.
- Moisturizer-Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your body and feet so if you are dealing with dry skin coconut oil is your cure. It’s will have your skin glowing.
- Lip Balm-Great at combating dry lips all you need is a little and your can go on your way.
- Makeup Remover-Yes, coconut oil is the perfect makeup remover for your face and eye area.
- Nails-If your cuticles are dry add a little coconut oil for the ultimate relief.
So now you have multiple ways to incorporate the use of coconut oil into your travel routine. The great thing about using coconut is that is has multiple uses so that means you can travel with less beauty products. I purchase my organic coconut oil from Trader’s Joes! I’ve tried multiple oils but this is by far my favorite.